Question on Cluelessness, Beauty Life Hacks & New Look

Hey guys, Merzy here! I've been in this blogging world for a few months, almost half a year, and even though that might sound like a...

rimmel london lipsticks

Hey guys, Merzy here! I've been in this blogging world for a few months, almost half a year, and even though that might sound like a lot of time for some people, my fellow bloggers out there know that that's not a long time at all. What I've learned these past few months is this -- no one actually knows what they're doing. This applies to life, blogging, beauty, fashion and all the other categories out there. I don't actually know what I'm doing half the time in this blog, I'm learning... I'm not the know-all of beauty products, it's the exact opposite actually -- that's the entire point of my series New To Makeup. And I think most of us out there are probably in the same position, we stick to what we know and stumble to figure out what we don't.

And then, I questioned... why do I have a beauty blog then? lol! I mean if I don't know much, why do I have something to say on here? It's because I like it. I love writing and blogging and taking pictures and stuff, I love beauty and makeup and love writing what I know and learn. It's fun. I'm completely sure I'm not the only blogger who feels this way. You don't have to be an expert on a subject to have a blog on it; you just have to enjoy it and love it enough to know what to write.

Along with these truths, I also realized that a lot of my friends that I know from school or college know a lot more of makeup and beauty than I do, but they don't have a blog to write their wisdom in. So, I asked them! Turns out they're a lot like me! lol! They don't know much (or at all) about makeup, they just stick to what they know and try new things and mess them up sometimes. That doesn't stop them from enjoying it though and that's great! They didn't have any good ol' wisdom to grant me for this post so let's just move on to the few who did!

Here's a few tips/hacks that I got out of them: 

  • Pour some eyedrops down a near-finished mascara and you'll get more uses out of it!
  • Put a little water in your brushes before contouring and it'll be easier to blend!
  • If you don't have a natural curl to your lashes, a waterproof mascara does wonders to help with that!
What do you guys think? Are you as new as I am to the makeup world? Do you feel the pressure to show in your blog that you're expert when it reality you're not? Tell me all about it down in the comments! Also, if you have any tips or hacks for us, that would be great too! Before you leave, don't forget to follow me on bloglovin' and my new instagram which I made a few days ago exclusively for Merzy's Corner. Oh, and what do you think of the new look? I worked really hard on it so I hope you guys like it! See you babes later~

You Might Also Like

0 comments